Investment Policy Statement
ACL Investment Philosophy and Policy provides for.:-
- Long term strategy.
- Foundation for all future investment decisions.
- Guidepost, identified goals and a systematic review process.
- Keep investors focused (emotions).
- Baseline from which to monitor performance.
- Clearly planned to achieve stated goals and objectives.
Focus on an asset allocation plan/policy that will enhance value with reduced investment risk:
**Private Equity/ Venture Capital 50-70% while Real Estate 30-40%**
- Private equity and venture capital
- Real Estate, Mezzanine or bridging Finance & Syndication
- Large holdings in listed superior growth potential companies
- Opportunities outside Kenya
- Co-investing with chama shareholders.
These are the areas individual investment groups do not/cannot easily or economically venture into.
Current areas of investment
- Financial Services – A sacco that offer financial products and is leading in corporate governance.
- Agri-Business – Contract manufacturing company that also does Aloe Vera based products, Pruna Tea and cosmetics.
- Manufacturing – A fashion accessories business that does export only.
- Incinerator – Waste management facility based at the EPZ
- Credit Reference bureau – Credit reference company that also deals with debt collection.
- Real Estate Syndication – Upcoming and proposed Ecolodge next to Amboseli National Park (and in close proximity to Mount Kilimanjaro)
- Insurance Agency – Insurance agency that offers competitive products and preferential terms.