Amalgamated Chama Limited has a clearly written down Investment Philosophy and Policy that has a long term strategy with clear planned stated goals and objectives.
The Investment Philosophy and Policy that seeks to be a:
- Foundation for all future investment decisions.
- Guidepost for identified potential investments.
- Baseline from which to monitor performance.
- An instrument to Keep investors focused by avoiding “emotional investing”
AREAS OF INVESTMENT
Amalgamated Chama Limited will venture into the following investments fields:-
- SME financing – Equity and convertible debt
- Real estate syndication
- Venture capital
- Co-invest with member Chamas.
- Insurance Coverage for members / ACL Stakeholders
To sum it all – in-order to add value to its members – ACL will only invest in projects that individual chamas cannot invest, due to one constraint or another. Any project undertaken must have a hurdle rate that is 50% above the long term government bond rate.